Registration & Certification Process
Pre-requisite to MEF Certification
MEF Membership is a pre-requisite to certification. Companies can register for membership on the MEF web site www.metroethernetforum.org or directly contact the MEF at
and +1-949-250-7188 for more information.
Registering for MEF Certification
Companies wishing to apply for certification are invited to contact us at
Iometrix generally organizes a conference call with the team designated to lead the certification process. The calls serve to meet the team, review the certification process and discuss technical aspects of the certification tests.
Pricing and Billing Information
- MEF member companies are invited to contact us at
to receive pricing information.
- When the details of the certification are agreed upon, Iometrix issues a Statement of Work including a quote to be used to generate a Purchase Order required before testing begins. In return, Iometrix issues an Invoice to be used to process the payment.
Confidentiality & NDA
A common practice is to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) when the certification process is initiated.
- Test Plans: A complete set of certification documents including Test Plans and configuration guides are available to MEF members for download from the Iometrix website.
- Technical Support: Iometrix has a dedicated staff to provide technical support during the preparatory phase of testing.
Testing Process and Planning (Equipment Vendors)
- Test Location: Testing takes place in our lab located in South San Francisco, California or under special circumstances at the vendor premises in which case travel fees apply.
- Scheduling: Testing should be scheduled at least one month in advance. Iometrix does its utmost to accommodate vendors desired schedules.
- Test Duration: Test duration is variable but generally do not exceed one week. If some issues occur during the initial test run, vendors can reschedule additional testing at no extra costs until full certification is achieved.
- Test Support: Vendors need to provide on-site engineering support during the testing period to configure their equipment, review results during the course of the testing process and take corrective action if required.
- Test Equipment: Iometrix supplies all test equipment, software, scripts and related logistical support.
- Test Procedures: Iometrix test engineers perform all tests and test procedures adhere strictly to the Test Plans as approved by the MEF.
MEF Certification Deliverables
- The final step in the certification process is the delivery of the MEF certificate and Test Reports.
- Certified companies also gain the right to use the MEF Certified Compliant logo provided in EPS and JPG formats.
- All MEF certifications are publicly posted on the MEF and Iometrix websites.
Press Releases and Marketing Campaigns
- Companies are encouraged to issue press releases and launch marketing campaigns to announce their certifications. To support this, the MEF and Iometrix can supply quotes and review drafts for technical accuracy.
- The MEF periodically organizes ceremonies at major networking events to award new certifications to member companies.